(taught at the Life Leaders seminar, from the book of that name)
- Be proactive.
- Begin with the end in mind.
- First things first.
- Think win-win.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Sharpen the saw.
- Lead your Life.
- Plan for Life.
- Have an Impact.
- Balance your Life.
- Live Your Priorities.
- Assess and Adjust.
- Renew and improve.
- attend Life Leaders public seminar Thursday, February 4, near Birmingham (if you cannot attend, you can receive handouts, slides, and a coaching call–David@LifeLeadersInstitute.org
- sponsor events for those you serve (training, coaching, program dev)
- sponsor programs for students-teachers-parents planning for school and life
- sponsor classroom resources on why students are “Free to Flourish”
- sponsor seminars and coaching for people Mastering Goliaths, making comebacks, earning empowerment, sustaining better beyond homelessness, recovering from war or other stresses, others motivated to be and do their best
- invite Dr. Dyson or another speaker to present at your civic club or city hall
- download or donate for books and workbooks at the web site
This photo is of Dr. Covey teaching in Birmingham at a Life Leaders event in 1993:
Dr. Stephen Covey (1932-2012), author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, lectured at the National Leadership Seminar presented by Life Leaders hosted at Birmingham-Southern College in January 1993. Dr. Neal R. Berte hosted. Dr. David Dyson moderated and opened the seminar. Dr. Covey taught on the “Seven Habits” in the morning session and “Principle-Centered Leadership” in the afternoon. Sponsors of 35-70+ tickets each were BellSouth, Protective Life, Alabama Power Company, Southern Company Services, and Parisian. The College sponsored facilities, parking, and personnel. Life Leaders Institute and Life Leaders Association (then called the Personal Leadership Association) organized the event to advance personal leadership in Alabama and America.